Trout in the Milk

"Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk." -Henry David Thoreau

My Photo
Name:
Location: Easton, Maryland, United States

Monday, July 31, 2006

Quiz Show

Last night I was listening to the radio on my way to rescue my (business) partner who had locked herself out of the office and I heard a few seconds of a quiz show, I think it was "information please" on WAMU's The Big Broadcast which is at

http://www.wamu.org/programs/bb/ (click and paste, I so don't know how to hyperlink)

and the show was the July 30, 2006 show. The question was,

"Why would a Gentleman break a date with a melanochroic woman?"

The answer was, because she was dark skinned.

What?

Granted, the show was from June 7, 1938, but I was still taken aback. Even though they said "gentleman prefer blondes" was the reason, I am still surprised to hear things like this (unless it's in a Quentin Tarantino movie).

From a random dictionary site on the web:

Mel`a`no`chro´ic
a. 1. Having a dark complexion; of or pertaining to the Melanochroi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home