Trout in the Milk

"Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk." -Henry David Thoreau

My Photo
Name:
Location: Easton, Maryland, United States

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Spring is in the Air




Ah, yes. Spring. TIme for fuel and fire!

I am entered in a Barbecue competition this year. I have a new Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker, as well as a 22-1/2" weber kettle. I'm not throuwing out my Weber Genesis Silver B gas grill (it's better for winter and in the rain) but I'm liking the real thing. My first try at a piece of brisket was not too good (too dry, too much smoke) and the chicken thighs gave the usual problems (rubbery skin, hard to predict). But, by applying scientific methods and taking notes I should have the same success in barbecue I have had in brewing.


So, go out and burn some carbon and eat some meat!

1 Comments:

Blogger tommyspoon said...

Dude, you and I need to talk! ;-)

I wouldn't attempt brisket until I knew my cooker really really well. Start with pork (ribs and shoulder): it's really easy and extremely forgiving.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home