Trout in the Milk

"Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk." -Henry David Thoreau

My Photo
Name:
Location: Easton, Maryland, United States

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Fantastic Animation

Today as I left fellowship after Quakert Meeting I pulled some old vinyl albums out of the bins left over after the Carriage Shed Sale (annual event, this year we raised $4,200 for Doctors Without Borders- different from Doctors with Problems with Boundaries, ask me offline about my experiences at Fort Bragg). One of the albums was Cat Stevens's Teaser and the Firecat. I have the album already, but the artwork reminded me of how sad the whole CD phase has eliminated the genre of album artwork. But, I like having my entire collection of music on a device only slightly bigger than a cassette tape, so you have to accept some things and mourn the passing of others.

I saw the animated short of Teaser and the Firecat at the Keith-Albee Theater (sadly dark now, like the Paradise Theater) in 1977. I love the Internet- have I said that?- because I found it on YouTube, and these should be some links from the festival

Teaser and the Firecat



Closed Mondays


What a fantastic set of memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home